Ok. I’m trying to back on track with posting. For some reason I just haven’t been on the ball the last couple weeks…
BUT. I thought I could get rolling again with a bit of a bang, because this ice cream is spectacular.
If I do say so myself.
It was kind of an accidental invention as I was planning on doing a Strawberry Lemonade flavor but alas, I found myself with no lemons….and the kids ate all the strawberries. After digging around in the freezer and fridge and talking to myself, I came up with this.
I surely do love ice cream to bits and pieces and I just can’t keep out of this one. It is super tart and creamy and refreshing with just enough sweetness to balance it all out, perfection for a hot summer day.
I am in love.
- 6 whole eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup (optional - merely keeps the ice cream from getting icy in the freezer)
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Crack the eggs into a food processor and run until the eggs are thick and pale.
- Meanwhile, place the sugar and half and half into a large saucepan and bring just to boiling, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Then with the food processor running, slowing drizzle the hot half and half mixture into the eggs. Turn the processor off and place the pan back on the burner and pour the egg mixture into it. Cook and stir over medium heat until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture back into the processor and turn it on. Add the heavy cream, lime juice, vanilla and corn syrup. Then place the mixture into the fridge to chill completely.
- Once the mixture has chilled pour it into your ice cream maker and run according to manufacturers instructions.
- When the ice cream machine is done with it, fold in the raspberries.
- Either serve right out of the ice cream maker or place in the freezer to eat later.