Matt's Lemon Tartlets
Recipe By: Megan
Serves: makes about 12 tartlets
FOR THE LEMON CURD
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (do NOT use the bottled stuff!!!)
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
FOR THE SHORTBREAD CRUST
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup whipped cream
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, all the lemon zest, juice and sugar. Cook and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Return to heat and cook until thick and bubbly, about 10-15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and store covered in the fridge.
TO MAKE THE CRUST
- Prepare a cupcake pan by lining with cupcake papers and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the flour and sugar by pulsing a couple times.
- Add the butter and pulse until crumbly.
- Add the eggs and again pulse until course crumbs form.
- place a little of the mixture into each cupcake mold and press the mixture with your fingers.
- Bake at 375º for about 10 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden.
TO ASSEMBLE THE TARTLETS
- Scoop a generous helping of lemon curd into each crust.
- Top with whipped cream.