Salted Caramel and Espresso Bean Bark
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: makes 1 tray
- 12oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4oz 60% bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used macadamia oil but almond oil would work wonderfully - pretty much any oil would be fine)
- ⅔ cup toasted and coarsely chopped almonds
- ⅔ cup whole espresso beans
- salted caramel sauce for drizzling
- course sea salt (optional)
- Cut a piece of parchment paper out to fit the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium pan over low heat, melt the chocolate, stirring continuously. Remove from heat slightly before all the chocolate is melted and continue stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Add the oil to the chocolate and stir.
- Pour the chocolate onto the lined baking sheet and then carefully smooth the chocolate into an even later - the parchment will be annoying and trying to crinkle but you have to tug it back into place and make it work. It's a whole easier in the long run.
- Once the chocolate is in an even layer, sprinkle the coffee beans all over, then the almonds and then drizzle the salted caramel all over.
- Sprinkle with course sea salt if you really want that nice salt crunch and then set aside to cool, I stuck mine in my laundry room because it is cold in there, you can put it in the fridge if you don't have a spot like that.
- Once it is hard, break into small pieces and put on a serving tray.