Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Dessert, Cookies
Serves: makes about 36 cookies
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 7 ounces chocolate, 65% cacao
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Nutella (I promise you cannot taste the nutella! It is simply here to keep the cookies moist)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (I used about 2 drops of peppermint oil)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- First, in a small bowl, combine the flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
- Next place the chocolate, butter and Nutella in a small pan and gently heat over low heat, stirring until melted, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs and egg white on medium-high until pale and thick, it should just slightly hold it's shape then you pull the beater out.
- Next add the peppermint extract (or oil as the case may be).
- Then gently fold in the chocolate mixture in and then the flour mixture until no streaks remain.
- Place the dough in the fridge for about 20 minutes and preheat your oven to 350˚ while you wait for the dough.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a small bowl.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop up a ball of dough and place in the powdered sugar, roll it all around so it is well coating with the sugar and place it on the cookie sheet. Repeat until the tray is full and then bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for about 5 minutes and then carefully move them to a wire cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough