Zucchini Dill Soup
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: makes about 6 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 very large zucchini, diced (5 or 6 generous cups of cubes)
- ½ large white onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, smashed
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups broth or stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons cream
- Salt to taste
- Serve with sour cream and a little extra virgin olive oil
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil just a bit and then add the zucchini, onion and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add the flour and stir to coat all the veggies.
- Slowly pour in the broth a little at a time, stirring between additions.
- Add the dill and lemon juice and then transfer to a blender or food processor (or use a stick blender - even easier!) and blend until smooth. If using a blender, take the little center piece off the lid and cover with a clean tea towel or the whole thing will explode.
- Once blended and smooth, pour back into the pot and add the cream and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with a bit of sour cream and olive oil.