Vanilla Cinnamon Swirl Muffins
I changed out the flour, this originally called for self-rising flour so I adjusted the salt and baking powder accordingly. If you want to go with the original ingredients use 1½ cups self rising flour, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Breakfast, Muffin
Serves: makes 2 dozen muffins
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1½ cups coconut flour
- 1½ cups freshly ground soft white wheat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 14 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375˚. Prepare two muffin pans either by smearing with butter or placing paper liners in the cups, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, milk, vanilla and butter. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the batter in each muffin cup of your prepared pans. Then sprinkle a teaspoon of the cinnamon mixture on each.
- Repeat layer until you have 3 layers of batter on each muffin.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan about 15 minutes and then remove and serve hot or cool the rest of the way on a wire rack.