New England Fish Bake
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Main Course
- parchment paper
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, sliced fairly thin
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 4 pieces fish of choice (I typically use cod or red snapper)
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined and peeled
- ½ white onion, sliced thin
- 1 large lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 4 tablespoons butter
- First prepare a grill or fire. If cooking on a gas grill heat to medium, about 400˚f. If cooking on a fire, you want some nice hot coals. If going with the oven, preheat to 400˚f.
- Next, cut out 4 squares of parchment paper and then 4 large pieces of foil.
- Place the sliced potatoes in the center of each parchment square.
- Break the corn cobs in half and place one half in each square.
- Divide the shrimp between each packet and then place a piece of fish in each packet.
- Toss a few onion slices on top, squeeze the lemon over and then place on top.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and dill.
- Dot with butter.
- Fold the parchment and foil into a nice little package, making sure there are no holes for steam to escape.
- Bake until the corn and potatoes are soft and ready to eat, about 40 minutes.
- Serve 1 packet to each person.