This is one of those random recipes I found on Pinterest that has this awful photo and the recipe listed as the description but when you click on it, nothing. So I really wasn’t sure if it was a legit recipe or not, but I tried it anyway.
And oh was it tasty.
We all loved it (with the addition of salt of course) and it was really, really easy. I really like crockpot recipes that only require dumping ingredients in and turning it on. If you have to brown something or do anything additional besides dumping in ingredients, I am just not cool with that and usually find a way to get around it. It is supposed to be easy so I like to make sure it really is.
This was a dump and cook recipe and it was awesome.
What wonderful comfort food on a rainy Fall evening. I was thoroughly pleased with it.
- 1-20oz bag of fresh tortellini (I use Buitoni's 3-cheese)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 - 15oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 - 8oz block of cream cheese, broken into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in your crockpot and stir them around to combine.
- Turn your crockpot on high and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Stir again to mix up the melted cream cheese and serve.
Latest posts by Megan (see all)
- Double Chocolate Coconut Muffin-In-A-Mug (grain and sugar free) - May 22, 2015
- Easy Roasted Parmesan Broccoli - May 11, 2015
- Lemon Rose Scented Cupcakes - May 8, 2015