Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 pounds fresh raspberries
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1¼ packets unflavored gelatin
- 2 pounds fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To make the raspberry jello, combine the raspberries and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until the berries are soft.
- In a small bowl place a ¼ cup cold water and sprinkle the gelatin over the top, allow to sit for about 5 minutes and then pour into the berry mixture, stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour through a sieve to remove the seeds you may need to press through with the back of a spoon to get most of the liquid out.
- Repeat with blueberries, you do have to mash the blueberries up a little to get the liquid out for simmering.
- Once you have both jells made, set the blueberry aside to cool to room temperature.
- Divide the raspberry jello between 4-6 parfait cups (depending on the size) and then drop in a couple fresh raspberries. Place in the fridge to cool until set, about 2 hours.
- Once the raspberry jello is set, whip half the whipping cream to stiff peaks then pour in the blueberry jello. Divide between the parfait cups and drop in some fresh blueberries. Place in the fridge until set, about an hour.
- Whip the rest of the cream and top the parfaits.