Black Bean Taco Soup
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Dinner, Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16 oz can of corn (undrained)
- 1 16 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
- cheese, sour cream, olives, or avocado as garnish
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, brown the meat with the onion, chili powder, cumin, oregano and garlic.
- Add in the corn, black beans, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce and chilis.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer about 20 minutes to meld the flavors and then serve topped with cilantro and other accompaniments desired.
TO MAKE THIS A FREEZER MEAL
- Simply cool the soup in the fridge until cold. Then pour or scoop into a freezer bag and freeze.
- When ready to eat you can either choose to thaw in the fridge or on the counter until thawed out or place the bag in a pot of simmering water until heated through, about 45 minutes.
- Serve with toppings.