This is one of my favorite chicken recipes.
It is simple, it is delicious and full of flavor. Cilantro and Lime has to be one of the best flavor combinations out there. It’s seriously up there with bacon and eggs, caramel and chocolate and meat and potatoes.
All you have to do is throw together the marinade in a ziptop bag, add the chicken and let it sit and then grill it.
Alternatively, you can stick it in the crockpot if you really want to make it easy. You don’t get that great grill flavor but it’s still excellent.
I have included this recipe in my freezer meal post because marinaded meat makes a great freezer meal. You do as I said above and stick the marinade and meat in a bag and then freeze it! So simple. When you want to use it either thaw it and grill it OR don’t thaw it, just run it under some warm water to loosen it from the bag, dump it into a crockpot and cook on low for 10 hours.
Easy, peasy, lemon-squeezy.
I like to serve with fresh corn on the cob or grilled veggies and roasted potatoes or yams.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl combine the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and cumin, whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts into a large ziptoc bag and pour the marinade into the bag and close the top. Turn the bag to coat the chicken completely.
- Marinade for at least one hour, up to 12 hours.
- When you are just about ready to cook, remove the chicken from the fridge and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on the grill, uncovered for about 6-8 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165˚.
- Remove chicken from the grill and serve, it is delicious topped with your favorite fresh salsa and sour cream.
TO MAKE THIS A FREEZER MEAL
- This is SO easy. Follow the instructions above for through placing the meat and marinade in the bag.
- Place it in the freezer.
- It will marinade as you thaw it. Which you will do, either in the refrigerator or if you need a quicker thaw, on the counter, or if you need an even quicker thaw, in some cool water.
- Then cook as the instructions above say to!
Recipe from The Nordstrom’s Entertaining at Home Cookbook
Latest posts by Megan (see all)
- Espresso Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Mousse and Candied Lemon Peel - April 24, 2015
- Easy Coconut Thai Fish - April 22, 2015
- Homesteading Series: Starting Up A 3-4 Year Homestead - April 20, 2015