Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
Note: If you want the chicken to soak up the marinade flavors quickly, you can slice the chicken breasts in half length-wise so they are half as thick. They will also cook much quicker this way.
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Dinner
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl combine the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and cumin, whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts into a large ziptoc bag and pour the marinade into the bag and close the top. Turn the bag to coat the chicken completely.
- Marinade for at least one hour, up to 12 hours.
- When you are just about ready to cook, remove the chicken from the fridge and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on the grill, uncovered for about 6-8 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165˚.
- Remove chicken from the grill and serve, it is delicious topped with your favorite fresh salsa and sour cream.
TO MAKE THIS A FREEZER MEAL
- This is SO easy. Follow the instructions above for through placing the meat and marinade in the bag.
- Place it in the freezer.
- It will marinade as you thaw it. Which you will do, either in the refrigerator or if you need a quicker thaw, on the counter, or if you need an even quicker thaw, in some cool water.
- Then cook as the instructions above say to!