Robin's Egg Easter Cookies
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Dessert, Cookie
Serves: makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 1-¼ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 whole Egg
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2-½ cups Flour
- ¼ cups Cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups crushed Robin's Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375˚
- Cream together the butter and sugar on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Lower the speed of the mixer to low and add the extracts, egg and yogurt. Mix until combined and smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Add the robin's eggs and mix once or twice to mix them in.
- Then scoop nice round little mounds onto a cookie sheet - I like to use a scoop that is 1½ tablespoons.
- Bake about 8-9 minutes, they should be fairly flattened and just barely golden at the bottoms.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray about 6-7 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack until completely cooled.