Creme de Menthe Oreo Cake Pops
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: makes about 24 cake pops
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1 cup (give or take) buttercream frosting
- 2-3 tablespoons Creme de Menthe coffee syrup (I used DaVinci brand)
- 24 cake pop sticks
- 16oz white chocolate
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Place all the cookies in a food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs.
- Pour them into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add about ¾ cup of the buttercream and beat on medium high until it starts to come together to make a crumbly dough. If it does not come together, add more buttercream until it just starts to bind.
- Pour in the creme de menthe and beat until combined.
- Next get a scoop, at least a tablespoon sized - mine is about 2 tablespoons and scoop the balls onto a cookie sheet like with parchment or a silpat.
- Once you have them all scooped out, roll them into neat, round little balls and place them back on the tray.
- Once they are all rolled, place a cake pop stick into each one and place the tray in the freezer to harden.
- While they are hardening, melt your chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted and your pops are hard enough, start coating with chocolate. To do this, take a spoon and scoop the chocolate over the cake pop and let the excess drip off, then rotate and coat the other side. Once all the excess is dripped off, sprinkle them if you desire and place them back in the freezer to harden completely.
- Repeat with remaining cake pops.
- Once they have hardened you are ready to enjoy them!