Portobello, Red Pepper and Broccoli Melts
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Main
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets (stalk discarded)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms (stems removed), sliced ½ inch thick
- 2 red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), sliced ½ inch thick
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 4 thick slices country bread
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat the broiler to high and move the rack to the top so your pan will be about 4 inches away.
- Place the broccoli on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Broil for 4-6 minutes.
- Add the peppers and the mushrooms, add another tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Broil for 8-10 minutes longer.
- While the veggies are broiling, slice your bread if needed, combine the mayo and garlic. Spread a little of the mayo mixture on each slice of bread.
- Remove the veggies once they are softened and top each slice of bread with a few pieces of each veggie and then top with a slice of cheese.
- Place the topped bread back on the baking sheet and broil another minute or just until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.