Homemade Chicken Lo Mein
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lb. angel hair pasta (I used whole wheat thin spaghetti)
- 1 bag frozen stir-fry veggies or you could cut them fresh, your choice
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet or wok if you have one (I used my trusty cast iron) heat the oil over high heat. Add the ginger and garlic, cook until fragrant or about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook until softened, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until done and there is no more pink. While the chicken is cooking combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken is cooke add the veggies back into the pan.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the pan as well. Then pour the sauce over the whole thing and toss to coat.