Chinese food is one of our family favorites and Lo Mein is one of the kids absolute favorite dishes to order when we get chinese. Now that we live pretty far out of town I figure I need to start making more of the chinese dishes we love so we don’t have to go without our beloved chinese take out.
I have always made my own egg rolls found here, but this is my first attempt at something other than that.
It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.
We all loved this.
The kicker? SUPER easy.
Gotta love that!
It also made a ton. The kids and I ate this for 2 dinners and 2 lunches!
It was awesome.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lb. angel hair pasta (I used whole wheat thin spaghetti)
- 1 bag frozen stir-fry veggies or you could cut them fresh, your choice
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet or wok if you have one (I used my trusty cast iron) heat the oil over high heat. Add the ginger and garlic, cook until fragrant or about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook until softened, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until done and there is no more pink. While the chicken is cooking combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken is cooke add the veggies back into the pan.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the pan as well. Then pour the sauce over the whole thing and toss to coat.
That’s it! Enjoy!
Thanks for the recipe: http://www.feedmeseymourblog.com/
Latest posts by Megan (see all)
- Espresso Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Mousse and Candied Lemon Peel - April 24, 2015
- Easy Coconut Thai Fish - April 22, 2015
- Homesteading Series: Starting Up A 3-4 Year Homestead - April 20, 2015