Gruyere and Asparagus Tart
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 sheet thawed, pre-made puff pastry
- 2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 1½ pounds medium or thick asparagus, if thick slice in half length-wise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400˚
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the puff pastry so it is 16 x 10 inches. Trim the edges if desired so it is nice, neat and square. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and then move the pastry onto it.
- With a sharp knife lightly score the pastry one inch from the edge to make a rectangle, then take a fork and prick all over the inside of the rectangle.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese all over, leaving about a 1" border.
- Top with asparagus, placing them so half the tops are on one side and the other half facing the other way so you don't have one side just with end pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the asparagus is tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving. To serve, use a wheel cutter or sharp knife to slice into squares.