Homemade Frozen Yogurt
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: makes about a ½ gallon
- half gallon yogurt (here's the recipe for homemade)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Heat the heavy cream till just before boiling.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the vanilla extract and remove from heat, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the sugar mixture is cool, whisk it into the yogurt.
- Place in your ice cream machine and run according to manufacturers instructions.
- Once thick and frozen you can serve or put it in individual containers and freeze until ready to eat. It actually stays pretty soft even after being in the freezer for a couple weeks.