Pike's Peak Roast
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: dinner
- 1 large Pike's Peak or other Roast
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 beers of your choice, I used a dark Killians
- 4 peppercorns
- 4-5 carrots, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 3-4 yukon gold potatoes, diced into bite sized pieces
- Rinse and dry the roast and place it in a bowl just large enough to fit it.
- Smear the olive oil all over it and then pour the beer over it. Marinade overnight or for a minimum of 1 hour - the longer the marinade the more flavor!
- Preheat oven to 320˚.
- Make 4 slits in the meat and insert a peppercorn into each slit. Then rub the dill and basil all over the meat.
- Place the carrots, onion and potato in the bottom of a roasting pan or dutch oven. Place the meat on top of the veggies and then pour the marinade juices over the top.
- Cover and roast until a thermometer inserted in the center of the meat reaches your desired temperature.
- Remove from oven and let the meat rest about 10 minutes. It's a great time to use all those yummy sauces at the bottom of the pan to make a delightful gravy...