Amazing, Healthy Spelt Pancakes
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup spelt flour (for grain free use 1 cup coconut flour)
- ¼ cup oat flour (for grain free use ½ cup almond meal)
- ¼ cup rice flour (for grain free omit rice flour)
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup plain yogurt (whole milk)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter for the griddle
- First combine all the dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. A whisk works great to incorporate them together.
- Then add the wet ingredients, again whisk to combine.
- Heat your griddle over medium heat so it is nice and hot, you must have your griddle completely preheated for pancakes or they will run all over the place.
- Melt some butter on the griddle, smear it around to make sure it is thoroughly coated.
- Pour ¼ cup batter into circles on the griddle, allow to cook about 4-5 minutes, or until there are bubbles all over and the edges look cooked. Then flip them over and cook the other side.
- Remove from the griddle when done and add some butter and delicious maple syrup or if you want to be a tad healthier a little low sugar jam and a tiny bit of sour cream or yogurt.