Pumpkin Crepes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Breakfast, Crepes
FOR THE CREPES
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
FOR THE PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- ¾ cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup mascarpone or cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- To make the crepes, combine all ingredients and set aside for about 20 minutes.
- While the batter is resting, combine all the filling ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a crepe pan or medium size nonstick skillet (I use an enameled cast iron skillet - heavy but it works great) to medium heat.
- Right before you are going to add batter, put a small dap of butter in the pan and swirl to coat. Then, using a ¼ cup scoop, scoop batter into the pan, swirling the pan as you pour to evenly coat the pan with the batter. Once the batter is even, set the pan down and allow the crepe to brown just slightly. Then carefully lift up the edges with a spatula and flip over, if you are a beginning crepe maker, you can skip the flipping part if you can't get right, just allow the batter to set on the top. Once the crepe is browned on both sides, turn it out onto a paper towel or a plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter until all of it has been used.
- To serve, heat the filling in the microwave until warm. Place a crepe on the plate, place the filling the center and fold up the sides. Top with freshly whipped cream and serve.