Pomegranate Chicken with Spinach and Berries
Recipe By: Megan
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups pomegranate preserves
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 5oz baby spinach
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ pound mixed berries
- Preparation Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325˙. Place the pecans on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat mat and drizzle with maple syrup and brown sugar, toss until completely coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside then turn the heat up 350˙.
- Next in an oven proof skillet (I like to use cast iron) brown the chicken on both sides, about 3 minutes. Set the chicken aside and add the balsamic, preserves and rosemary to the pan and simmer until reduced a little, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken back into the skillet, coat with the sauce and place the skillet in the oven, cover and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven. Remove chicken from skillet and slice into pieces.
- To place, arrange spinach, berries, chicken, candied pecans and feta on four plates and drizzle with some of the sauce.