Salted Caramel Sauce
Recipe By: Megan
Serves: makes about 2 cups
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Put the sugar in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts, this will take a few minutes.
- Once the sugar has all melted start adding the butter one piece at a time. Whisk until the butter is all melted
- Wait about 3 seconds and then add the cream slowly. Whisk as you add until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Add the salt and whisk again a couple times just to incorporate.
- Let cool in the pan for a bit and then pour, carefully, into a mason jar to store. It should keep for about 2 weeks in the fridge but I haven't tested that since it never lasts more than 24 hours in my house.