My sister Rachel makes the most wonderful mojitos. Every time I go over to her house (don’t worry it’s like maybe twice a year, it’s not like we live next door to each other) I find a way to get her to make me one.
But now that I have the recipe I can make them whenever I want!
Well, sorta. My lovely husband doesn’t drink at all so I don’t usually drink when it’s just the two of us. So I will probably keep these special for guests.
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1¼ cups clear rum (chilled)
- 1 33oz bottle limeade soda (see the photo below)
- juice of 2 limes
- Combine the mint leaves, sugar and juice from one lime in a small bowl and muddle then together to release the flavors.
- Add the rum.
- Pour ¼ of the mixture into each glass, add a handful of ice, a little more lime juice and then fill to the top with the limeade.
This is the limeade Rachel uses, it’s from Safeway
Latest posts by Megan (see all)
- Orange Scented Angel Food CupCakes with Blackberry Swiss Merengue Buttercream - April 17, 2015
- The Easiest Homemade Mayonnaise Ever - April 15, 2015
- Earl Grey Cupcakes with Apricot Devonshire Cream - April 10, 2015