Slow Cooker Apple and Pumpkin Oatmeal
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 cups old fashioned, thick cut rolled oats
- 3¾ cups water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- maple syrup, molasses or brown sugar for serving
- cream for serving
- Place oats, water, salt, apples and pumpkin in a large crockpot (I use my 7.5q but a 6q could easily be used for this). Stir around to mix it.
- Place the lid on and turn the crockpot onto the lowest setting. I turn mine on at 10pm and I am sure it's probably ready in a couple hours but I am NOT getting up in the middle of the night to turn it off so I leave it until I get up at 5:30 and it's good to go, so about 7.5 hours. I have left it longer than that too and you might get a little browning on the bottom layer but it doesn't seem to affect the flavor at all so if you have the chance to sleep in, I would say go for it ;)
- Serve with sweetener of your choice and a little cream.