Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Dinner, Pasta
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 pound Large Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined
- ½ cups White Wine
- juice from 2 whole Lemons
- 4 dashes Hot Sauce (I Used Tabasco; More To Taste)
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- 8 ounces, weight Angel Hair Pasta
- Chopped Fresh Basil To Taste
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, To Taste
- ½ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large stock pot, boil enough water to cook the pasta. Once boiling add the pasta and cook to al dente.
- Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute a couple minutes, until slightly softened. Add the shrimp and turn the heat up to medium high.
- Once the shrimp are pink and cooked through, add the lemon juice, wine, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and rinse (reserve some of the pasta water in case the sauce gets too thick - I didn't need any but it's worth saving just in case). Add the pasta to the shrimp sauce and toss to coat. Add the basil, parsley and parmesan and toss to combine.
- Serve hot!