Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi
Recipe By: Megan
Recipe type: Main, Pasta
- 1lb pasta (the recipe called for angel hair, but I had only one kind of pasta in the cupboard and it was not angel hair which would have been good but Jeremiah also hates angel hair so I never buy it so that's why it wasn't in the cupboard.)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 whole garlic clove
- ½ cup each of 4 different cheeses (romano, parmesan, asiago and gouda are good ones)
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- minced fresh parsley
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, do not over cook them though, you want them al dente.
- Drain the pasta (reserving some of the water) and put back in the pot.
- Pour the cream in over the pasta.
- Add the butter and all the cheeses, salt and pepper. Stir it around to melt the cheese and combine everything.
- If it seems a little thick, add some pasta water.
- Then get out a large serving bowl and take the garlic clove and cut it in half. Then rub the garlic all over the inside of the serving bowl, I also did all the bowls we were eating out of cause we like garlic a lot. Then I minced up the garlic and tossed it in, but you can skip that if you want to. Like I said, we like garlic a lot.
- Then put the pasta in the serving bowl and sprinkle some minced parsley over the top to make it look pretty.