Easy. Delicious. Pasta perfection. Did I mention EASY? If you can grate cheese and boil water you are golden.
I don’t know about you, but I always have random cheese hanging out in my fridge. I love cheese. So coming up with four cheeses for this was a snap. You can use whatever cheese you want. I usually try to use a few hard cheeses and maybe something soft like a feta, my usual is romano, parmesan, asiago and/or gouda sometimes a sharp cheddar or if I only have 3 cheeses that sound good I’ll use double the amount of one, it’s just a nice flexible dish.
Plus it only uses one big pot to make it! Wahoo! Easy dish night Everyone loves an easy dish night – especially my kids now that they are in charge of doing the dinner dishes.
- 1lb pasta (the recipe called for angel hair, but I had only one kind of pasta in the cupboard and it was not angel hair which would have been good but Jeremiah also hates angel hair so I never buy it so that's why it wasn't in the cupboard.)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 whole garlic clove
- ½ cup each of 4 different cheeses (romano, parmesan, asiago and gouda are good ones)
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- minced fresh parsley
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, do not over cook them though, you want them al dente.
- Drain the pasta (reserving some of the water) and put back in the pot.
- Pour the cream in over the pasta.
- Add the butter and all the cheeses, salt and pepper. Stir it around to melt the cheese and combine everything.
- If it seems a little thick, add some pasta water.
- Then get out a large serving bowl and take the garlic clove and cut it in half. Then rub the garlic all over the inside of the serving bowl, I also did all the bowls we were eating out of cause we like garlic a lot. Then I minced up the garlic and tossed it in, but you can skip that if you want to. Like I said, we like garlic a lot.
- Then put the pasta in the serving bowl and sprinkle some minced parsley over the top to make it look pretty.
Thanks for the recipe: www.thepioneerwoman.com
Latest posts by Megan (see all)
- Healthy-Yet-Completely-Amazing Dark Chocolate Cupcakes - July 3, 2015
- Double Chocolate Coconut Muffin-In-A-Mug (grain and sugar free) - May 22, 2015
- Easy Roasted Parmesan Broccoli - May 11, 2015