Mexican Chopped Salad
Recipe By: Megan
- about 8 cups chopped romaine
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (and thawed) corn
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicima
- 1 cup diced and seeded tomatoes
- ¾ cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 avocados cut into chunks
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 whole chicken torn into pieces (and of course meat taken off the bones)
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
For the Dressing
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup cilantro stems and leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño (optional)
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- In a blender combine the lime juice, garlic, honey, cilantro and jalapeño. Blend on medium speed until the cilantro is chopped into small bits. Then remove the small center piece on the lid of the blender and with it still running, slowly drizzle the olive oil in through the hole so it can form an emulsion.
- If you want to go ahead and put the dressing on, now is the time, so pour it all on and toss the salad. I usually prefer to leave the dressing off so that if we have leftovers it will keep pretty well and not get soggy from dressing. So I just serve the dressing on the side.