I have talked about this stuff in quite a few recipes now (Pumpkin Pancakes are one of my favorites with this stuff) so I thought I should make it easier to find. It is SO good. I have used this stuff on top of crepes, pancakes, waffles and inside pumpkin muffins and I am sure the possibilities are nearly endless.
It is completely to die for.
The smooth, creamy, sugaryness will keep you pouring more and more over your delicious waffles and pancakes, making them even more delicious.
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 3-4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, whisking until smooth and sugar dissolves.
- You can store this in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and just reheat it when you want to use it.
See? How easy was THAT!? Make it.