We love Chicken Salad around here. It makes for a quick, easy meal that is light and refreshing on a hot summer day or you can put it on a sandwich to make it a little heavier if that is what suits your taste.
I discovered Juliette really likes it when she about 2 years old and I took her out to tea with a couple friends of ours and I ordered some. She just kept eating and eating it, which was good cause it was a huge portion and I couldn’t have finished it on my own.
After that experience I knew I needed to find a good recipe and start making it at home.
I have used this recipe for quite a few years now and have substituted the grapes for a few other things, depending on what I have around the house that sounds good, the original recipe called for pineapple, which is tasty, but I have also used mandarin oranges or blueberries.
Whatever you use for the fruit portion, this chicken salad is amazing and we simply love it and there is never any leftovers!
- 4 cups diced poached chicken (I usually use the chicken left from making chicken broth but you could also use a rotisserie or just about any other left over chicken)
- 1 stalk celery, cut into ¼-inch dice
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced or ¼ cup sweet onion cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup sliced grapes
- ¼ cup toasted almonds
- 1 cup prepared or homemade mayonaise
- 2 teaspoons strained freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, scallions, grapes, almonds and herbs. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Can be served over a bed of greens or on a sandwich.
Thanks for the recipe (slightly adapted): www.foodnetwork.com
Latest posts by Megan (see all)
- Healthy-Yet-Completely-Amazing Dark Chocolate Cupcakes - July 3, 2015
- Double Chocolate Coconut Muffin-In-A-Mug (grain and sugar free) - May 22, 2015
- Easy Roasted Parmesan Broccoli - May 11, 2015