Dark Chocolate Truffles
Recipe By: Megan
Serves: makes about 2 dozen truffles
- 1½ bars Lindt 90% dark chocolate
- 1 10oz package dove milk chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- ¼ cup bourbon
- cocoa powder, finely chopped nuts, coconut, powdered sugar or other things for coating the truffles
- In a double boiler, melt the butter and both chocolates together, remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, heat corn syrup, cream and bourbon together until simmering.
- Stir cream mixture into melted chocolate, continue stirring until smooth and creamy. Pour into a 8x8 pan and put into the refrigerator to chill, about one hour.
- Once chilled, use a spoon and scoop out a little bit and roll into a ball (I use my hands to roll them, you get messy but I find it to be the easiest method), coat in desired coating.
- Continue rolling and coating until all the chocolate has been used.
- Refrigerate another hour and then they are ready to serve.